What a good surprise!! I have been tagged by Vicky Loras who I admire a lot and I am anxiously waiting to meet face-to-face in 2014!!!
So here it is the challenge:
if you are tagged, here is what you need to do:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
- List 11 bloggers.
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. Don’t nominate a blogger who has nominated you.
- I am crazy about music… I used to play Guitar and Piano in my sweet sixteen! Now I play Guitar Hero with my kids!
- I have a fantastic family, two kids and my husband whom are my inspiration…
- I love driving even in traffic jam!
- I love cinema… principally Tarantino’s films and my favorite actor is Ewan McGregor.
- From Barcelona – Spain to Rio de Janeiro – Brazil
- My name came from Elvis’s Presley Wife, whom my father was a huge fan.
- My mom was an english teacher, and she is my inspiration to be a teacher as well.
- I am an only child… YES! I LOVE IT!
- I used to work in a Newspaper in Brazil as ad translater and because of that I read everyday 3 different Newspapers in 3 languages (Portuguese, Spanish and English)
- I never drink alcohol but I love coffee, and pepsi sometimes Fanta (Orange flavor).
- I graduated with a Bachelor in Language Degree (Latin, yes from Virgil – The Aeneid) but I never taught Latin!
And now I will answer Vicky Loras’s questions:
1.If you were not an educator, what line of work would you imagine yourself in?
Af first, The art of teaching is in my blood, many people from my family including my mother was a Teacher and when I decided to enroll the university, I knew that Teaching was a “calling”. However, things changed in the way and I felt in love with translation, so if I weren’t a teacher I would be a translater.
2.Which person in ELT would you like to meet in person and why?
I would like to meet not just one person, but 4 and here They are: Rose Bard, Roseli Serra, Vicky Loras and Juan Uribe… They were my first friends in ELT communities. I learn everyday with them and They are simply the best!!
3.What new activity / hobby would you like to start?
I will take in January surfing Lessons… so let’s see how’s going to be, I know it is not easy but I will try!
4.Which is the best book you have recently read? Why?
Well, This year was the most theorical one; I have read some books about Critical Pedagogy: Paulo Freire, Henry Giroux and Michael Apple; These readings have engaged me to search and change my point of view about teaching in my Country.
5.If you decided to write a book, what would it be about?
I would write a guide to help teachers to deal with students with “Special Needs” in Brazil. We are so far away for “including” these kids in our society even in our school. Thus, Most of “novice” teachers do not know how to deal or work with these kids. I had good and hard situations that would help out teachers to engage and motivate them to learn.
6.If you could change one thing in the world, what would that be?
It’ a difficult and challenge question, It’s so complicated to change peoples mind. I reckon that the change must begin within us (in our family and after spreading over our neighborhood, city, State and Country) our actions can change poverty, hunger, illness but if we really intend to do it by heart!
7.Which is the nicest destination you have visited so far and why?
I have been in my part of the World, but the nicest destination is a place called San Marino. It’s the oldest Country in the World and it’s where my husband family came from… It’s a pleasant place to visit and sooooooo small too.
8.What is your favourite song this period?
It’s Atlas by Coldplay
9.What is your favourite and least favourite food?
My favorite is Hot Philadelfia…. So delicious!!! and the least vegetable soup… I can’t eat!!!
10.Which is the next conference you plan to attend?
Braz-Tesol in João Pessoal and after it I will go to the beach!!! It’s the place of the most beautiful beaches in Brazil!!!
11.With whom from the PLN was your first meeting in person? What was it like?
I haven’t had the pleasure to meet them face-to-face, but I hope this day could come soooo soon!!!
Here are the bloggers I’d love to see take up the challenge, if they would like to:
Here it is my questions:
1- What is your favorite movie?
2- What is/ was the most challenging moment in your career?
3- Would like to teach in another country?
4- What was the most memorable moment in a Conference that you had been?
5- What could you do if you had to teach in a public school in the country side of your Country?
6- What is your favorite band?
7- Do you have a special song? If does, what is the name?
8-How many languages do you speak?
9- Did you have a teacher that inspire you?
10- How many books did you read this year?
11- What “Teaching” is in your point of view?
I learned a lot with you guys, looking forward to hearing from you…
Big Hug and Happy Holiday!